Jan 19, 2019 | By: Captured Moments by Rita and Co.
1. Why are you a photographer?
I can't imagine doing anything else. I've been an artist since I could pick up a crayon. Painting watercolor portraits in high school inspired a lot of my love for creating portraits. I majored in Photography as well as Graphic Design in college as well as have been around a camera my whole life. I believe what I do now for people is cherished and priceless, but it's nothing compared to how they will feel about the portraits I've made for them in 20+ years. That's what fuels my passion everyday.
2. How long have you been in the business?
Celebrating 15 years!
3. What do you like most about photo shoots?
I love the challenge of showing someone the beauty they have never seen in themselves.
4. What part of your job do you do best?
Quickly tuning in and feeling the exact perfect moment for a shot to create a photograph out of it. I also firmly believe photography is a fine art and certain certain timeless rules about proper exposure and posing should be honored. I strive to employ those in every single shot.
5. Why are printed photographs important?
Don't get me started... It kills me to see people depending on their phones to store the passing moments that they take time to capture but never get printed. What's going to happen in the future? Are they planning on passing down a flash drive to their grandchildren? Everyone has that one small fine art print of their grandparents, great-grandparents and extended family captured on film that are shared with future generations. Without a print to pass down, what will your future generations have to remember you? Heart-breaking... PRINT YOUR PHOTOS!
6. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
Get more massages.
7. How often do you play sports?
Ha! When I go skiing, I guess. I've never loved sports and honestly, don't even understand most of them.
8. What do you wish you knew more about?
Other cultures around the world.
9. Who’s your go to band or artist when you can’t decide on something to listen to?
10. What job would you be terrible at?
Being a politician.
11. What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
Chittagong, Bangladesh. I got married there because my husband is from there! It's about as far as you can get from Phoenix, Arizona.
12. What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
13. What do you hope never changes?
I hope I never lose the desire or ability to learn and travel.
14. What would your perfect room look like?
It would be lime green, with a big fluffy couch overlooking our beach house view in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina with black and white photos from my whole life on the walls. It would have a fireplace going at all times.
15. Why did you decide to do the work you are doing now?
I just knew this is where I was supposed to be. I've never not had the desire to create art as my life's work.
16. What’s the best way a person can spend their time?
Looking someone in the eyes while having a heart felt conversation or even simple silence with someone they love.
17. What is special about the place you grew up?
Growing up in Littleton, Colorado, we lived in a great house right along the canal and spent our weekends skiing in Vail.
18. What is something you will NEVER do again?
Eat black licorice or bleu cheese.
19. What gets you fired up?
Someone lying to me.
20. What’s the best thing that happened to you last week?
I became an aunt!
Hey, thanks for stopping by to check out our latest blog post! We are a full service, boutique photography studio located in Scottsdale, Arizona. We specialize in Fine Art Portraiture for families, high school seniors and business professionals.
Use the buttons below to learn more about us!
Serving Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Chandler, Mesa, Gilbert, Fountain Hills, Tempe, Payson, Prescott and Tucson